I am an assistant professor (tenure track) in the Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at ETH Zürich where I lead the Computer Security Group. I am generally interested in computer systems and security with a special focus on commodity hardware and operating systems.
Before joining ETH Zürich, I started the hardware security track at VUSec, first as a postdoc and later as an assistant professor. I received my PhD from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam in 2015 for improving the scalability of cloud infrastructures. During my PhD, I interned twice with Microsoft Research, building rack-scale computers. I also hold an MSc from ETH Zürich and a BSc from Sharif University of Technology.
- Computer Engineering, BSc, 2022.
- Hardware Security, MSc, 2016 – 2021.
- Advanced Operating System, MSc, 2016 – 2019.
- Large-scale Computing Infrastructures, MSc, 2013 – 2015.
- PC (serving or served in the past): S&P, CCS, USENIX Security, USENIX ATC, SIGMETRICS, EuroS&P, Middleware, RAID, DIMVA, ICDCS, SILM, EuroSec, ASIACCS, SecMT, ESSoS, ICDCS, ES WEEK
- Organization: DRAMSec’21 (co-chair), Middleware’18 (publication chair), HPDC’15 (web chair)